Adventures in Knitting

Saturday 25 August 2007

New mail!

Yesterday when I got home, this was waiting for me:

Gisteren, toen ik thuis kwam, lag dit op mij te wachten:






I purchased this project bag in June, the receipt says June 27th, but it took about two months to get here in the Netherlands from the US. It is a spindle kit from Mama-E. I think the bag is absolutely gorgeous. I really like the fabric. Wanna see what is inside?

Ik heb dit werk tasje in juni gekocht, op de pakbon staat 27 juni, maar het heeft twee maanden geduurd totdat het hier aankwam vanuit de VS. Het is een spintol-starterspaket van Mama-E. Mooi stofje he? Wat er in zit?






I don't really know why I ordered this kit. I like looking at what people spin, but it never really appealed to me as something I would like to do. There are so many other things I want to learn, most of all sewing. But at the same time the process of spinning fascinates me. I want to know about the technique and how yarn is put together. So maybe that's why I ordered it. I also bought a book 'Spinning in the old way' by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts which has a really nice background and very detailed instructions. I also looked online for some resources. The best I could find is a video on Let's Knit Together, Episode 12 shows spindle spinning. But I bet there are more. I don't know when I will try. But definitely before the Handwerkbeurs in Den Bosch, I plan to go there on September 28th and I think I will be able to buy some roving.


Ik weet niet zo goed waarom ik dit pakket besteld heb. Ik vind het leuk om te lezen over de avonturen van anderen met spinnen, maar het leek me nooit zo iets voor mij. Er zijn nog zoveel andere dingen die ik wil leren, vooral naaien. Maar tegelijkertijd fascineert de techniek mij. Ik wil graag weten hoe het werkt, dus dat is waarschijnlijk de reden. Ik heb ook een boek gekocht, 'Spinning in the old way' van Priscilla Gibson-Roberts. Dat vertelt over de geschiedenis en geeft een goede uitleg, Ik heb ook nog een video gevonden op Let's Knit Together, Aflevering 12 gaat over spinnen. Maar daarvan is vast nog meer te vinden. Ik weet nog niet wanneer ik het ga uitproberen, maar in ieder geval voor de Handwerkbeurs in Den Bosch. Ik ben van plan om daar op 28 september naar toe te gaan en ik denk dat ik dan ook nieuwe gekaarde wol kan kopen.
I'm off to knit some more, cook a nice meal and then knit some more again. Hurray for lazy weekends!
Ik ga nu nog wat breien, iets lekkers koken en dan nog meer breien. Hoera voor een lui weekend!

No comments: