Adventures in Knitting

Monday 27 August 2007

Twisted stitches and multiple projects

This weekend I started a new pair of socks. I already had two pairs on the needles, but I wanted something new and challenging. So I cast on for the chalet socks from "Folk socks". I am using standard Regia sock yarn in a cream color, just like puralana did here. I cast on, the ribbing took ages, but now I loving it! The stiches twist and turn and I can't seem to stop! My poor other projects!

I always fight with multi-project mode. I love having different projects with different kinds of complexity, but I can't stand to be torn between different projects. If I don't like a project, it gets ripped or put away. The remaining projects are all things I love and really like to knit and finish. I sometimes get frustrated doing a couple of centimeters on this project and a repeat of the next, because it doesn't seem like I am making any progress.

So, here is a shot:





And a blurry picture of the seam:



I think I'll go knit some more now...

No comments: