Adventures in Knitting

Wednesday 16 January 2008

Minimalist Cardigan - Success!




About a week and a half ago I finished the Minimalist Cardigan. I've worn it a couple of times since then and I am really happy about this one! Here, in the Netherlands, we don't really have the cold winters. Wool turtleneck sweaters don't get a lot of wear in my wardrobe. But I think this cardigan will.

I really like the design, especially the contrast of the moss stitch and the rolling stockinette. The three-quarter sleeves and the way the front does not really close make this cardigan very suitable for Dutch weather.



On episode 35 of Stash and Burn Jenny and Nicole talk about their love for sweater projects. One of the things they point out, is that for their climate they prefer cardigans that look nice unbuttoned. I think this statement also applies to my country. The minimalist cardigan obviously falls in the category of things that look nice unbuttoned, but I suspect my current project will too.

I am currently knitting this cardigan from Drops/Garnstudio in Lana Grossa Royal Tweed. There are a lot of finished versions over on Ravelry. I didn't buy the yarn with a specific pattern in mind, so I swatched and decided that if I made the XL size of the Eskimo version I would end up with something my size. So far things look fine. I have finished the back and the fronts are both at the armholes. I have set myself the challenge of finishing this before February 1st. I hope I will find the time to post some progress pictures soon.

No comments: