Adventures in Knitting

Tuesday 5 February 2008

Project Monogamy?

I always thought that the idea of having multiple projects at once is a very good one. After all, different moods/stress levels, call for different kinds of knitting. However, in practice, I work on two projects at the time, no more, no less. I always have a sock in progress, that goes everywhere with me. But most of my time is spent on a larger project and lately I have been knitting a lot of sweaters/cardigans.

I finished knitting the collar of the Drops cardigan last Friday. I bought buttons yesterday, which I will sew on tonight. When I showed my father the buttonless cardigan he remarked: "So, what is your production rate, about one a month?" I guess that's the case, and I really like it that way. One large project at a time, but I am allowed to swatch for the next while finishing.

I haven't yet decided what my next big project will be. I am torn between a shawl and a smallish cardigan. Both projects are swatched and ready to be started. I thought I would just start them both, but it turns out I don't want to. I'd like to focus on one at a time, but I am not sure which one it will be.

I also finished my oldest UFO about 1,5 weeks ago. It is this pattern by Drops design. I started this in October 2006 (I think). I picked it up because I wanted to give it to a friend. She was really happy with it.