Adventures in Knitting

Wednesday 2 April 2008

Ravelry One Skein Swap


The last two months some of the members of the Ravelry Dutch Crafter's Group participated in a One skein Swap. I knit a Forest Canopy for Deetje from Opal Handpainted sock yarn in the colorway 'Herbstmelodie'. I did 12 pattern repeats and ended up with a nice size shawl. I could have done more repeats if it were not for my hands...

In return I received a cowl/hood from Deetje, around Easter. I only got round to taking pictures this week. She made me the Sideways Rib Cowl/Hood from Drops Karisma in a very nice shade of red. I took about 20 (!) pictures and these came out best. It's great to receive something that has been hand-knit for you. Especially when you have been thinking about knitting yourself a cowl and the someone sends you one. Knitters rock!

The cable looks very nice!


It's really hard to take a picture of yourself which shows of a knitted garment nicely. Clearly, I need some more practice.

No comments: